My Family Scrapbook

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bookmarks Using The Cricut

I love my Cricut Machine; however, I love it more when it does what I think it should.

So often when I use the Cricut to make a stock item with it, it just isn't what I imagined. So I experimented a little bit with the Cricut Design Studio and the Animal Kingdom Cartridge.

If I make the bookmarks just as they are there is no real detail and you have to imagine where lines would be and draw them in. If I make just the animal (without the bookmark feature) it is detailed so I can see where to shade and line. So I mixed the best of both features. Using the Design Studio I placed the bookmark with animals on my screen, then I added the animals without the bookmark, re-sized them so that they were the perfect overlay. Then I added the extra features so that the head and nose were overlays again.

And this is what I got!



I love the end result. These 4" bookmarks are on the way to a very special little boy in St. Charles, Missouri.

When you want something to look a certain way and want the details there is always a way to get there.

I hope that you won't give up using your Cricut and Cricut Design Studio. I am still learning how to use mine and I am not giving up. I have all of this money invested in it and I want to use it to it's fullest.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda

No comments: