My Family Scrapbook

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A New Twist On A Card

I am always looking for something new to do. Sometimes these ideas come out of thin air and other times I find them in things that other scrappers are doing.

Today's idea came from a friend who showed me a card but then would not tell me how she made the card. With a little research and help from the Internet I found instructions for the card that my friend had made. Here was my next problem, I didn't had the Stamping Up Slot Punch that is used to make the card. That wasn't a big problem for me because where there is a will there is a way.

I thought about this for a couple of days and reached for my Cricut Machine, a couple of cartridges and my Cricut Design Studio and within a few minutes had the card done.

So today there is a couple of pictures the cards, a video on how to make and assemble the card, and then because I wanted the envelope to be as special as the card a video on how to make a matching envelope.





At the beginning of the video you can see how the die cut that is on the front of the card spins to the other side. A channel cut into the top of the card and secured to a card blank with pop dots and a little magic with pennies allows the die to spin from side to side.

This is so simple.

Here is the video that I made on how to make these cards. (Can you tell that I share my videos with ScrapyLand.com?)



And then I went one step farther in making a video on how to make an envelope for my cards and here is that video.



I hope that I have inspired you to make a couple of cards but also that when you see something that you like and don't have the same tools as someone else to think outside of the box and find a way to do them.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda

5 comments:

Unknown said...

some of these, but wasn't sure how!! Thanks for the Video!!
Neva

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the video.
I don't have design studio but have found that you can hole punch two 1/2" circles and join them with the same results.

Kerry said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for showing me how to create the spinner card. You so saved me from buying another punch that I would not use that often.

Roseann said...

Just New to scrapbooking just came accross your site and enjoyed yopur videos. Your cards are beautiful. I was just wondering where one might find the Score Pad that you are using for your cards?

Brenda said...

Thank you Roseann! The Score Pad along with the Score Pal can be found at ScrapyLand.com

Archiver's carries the Score Pal.

If you do not shop on line I know that Michaels has a similar product that is produced by Martha Stewart