My Family Scrapbook

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Little Late - But Better Late Than Never

I ended up making a second Father's Day Card (the day before Father's Day) because each of my kids needed a card and neither had the time to make them.

Previously I posted one of the cards and just to show you what I did. The die I used on the front of this card is a custom die from The Scrapping Cottage. All of their "Cottage Cutz" are manufactured by Dies Direct. That is what Dies Direct really excels at! (The owner of Dies Direct used to make all of the QuicKutz and Spellbinder dies before they took their business over seas.)

The die that I used is the Bait Shop Die. This is 2 - 4x4 dies and there are lots of little pieces to this but a with a little patience and time it makes a beautiful piece. I love this. I used an exclusive QuicKutz die (the scalloped A2 Rectangle - available at Archiver's) to back the shack. Of course I also used some ink to distress the piece.



For the inside of this card I used the Karen Foster "Giddy" Font. (These small dies work in not only the little Karen Foster Tool (which I do not own,) but also in the Big Shot, Epic 6, and Boss Kut machines.



While I was making the card I made a second Bait Shop to use later on the Father's Day Lay Out or on one of his fishing lay outs.

So while you are making a card for that special someone, think ahead and make two of a die (especially when there are lots of little bitty pieces) for future use.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda

No comments: