My Family Scrapbook

Monday, June 17, 2013

Another Card

As with the previous post this card was made as a sympathy card for a co-worker and the idea came from Pinterest.


This card was a bit more complex in the making than the previous one.  For this one I used a diamond punch, a lace border punch, a butterfly die, several embossing folders, Stickles (glitter glue,) and pearls.  I also went a little to the unconventional side of scrap booking and used my sewing machine with a zig zag stitch and white thread.


This card, as you can see in this picture, has layers, texture, and height to it.


The sentiment in this one came from an Internet site.

I really like the way this one turned out and once I got it all laid out and figured out how to hold things into place so that I could sew it, the process was fast and easy.  By the way, the trick to sewing in order that you don't "gum up the needle" on the machine is to place a small amount of adhesive to only the center of each diamond.  That tip works like a charm.

Now that you've seen the scrap lift, and got a tip on how to make the process easier, go try one of these...  just imagine the possibilities with different colors of card stock, mixing and matching.  This could be used for any occasion as well.

Happy Scrappin' ! ! !

Brenda




3 comments:

Juli C said...

Hello Brenda. Do make these to sell? Would like to buy 25. Thank tou

Juli C said...

Hello Brenda. Do you make these to sell? I would need 25. Thank you kindly, juli

Brenda said...

I do not make and sell the cards or other projects that I post. I make a card here and there for personal use. BUT I am flattered that you like the card enough to ask.