My Family Scrapbook

Monday, July 8, 2013

Fancy Little Angel

I love finding patterns for wood projects in the most unlikely places.  This pattern came from a scrap booking die that I own.  I cut one of these out of black card stock, scanned it with my computer, saved it, re-sized it using Adobe Photo Shop, and then printed it so that it was approximately 6 inches tall.

This was supposed to be done last Christmas and if you read my last post you know that it was cold in my workshop and I stopped sawing as soon as I had enough for my gift giving needs.

This one is for me to keep.


She was a lot of work with all of those little cut outs but the effort was well worth the end result.

I have started to play with computer font (dingbats) to make some more patterns for the upcoming Christmas season.

Find inspiration in out of the way places.

Happy Crafting ! ! !

Brenda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brenda you do scroll sawing very well. I don't have the patience to do all those little cuts. I have an Eagle clock I am working on and it seems like I've been at it for a year. Sanding is the bug in the soup. Takes longer to sand than to do the scroll saw work. Great job. the Italian